Research Services, Fees and Request for Quote
I adhere strongly to the Association of Professional Genealogists Code of Ethics and pride myself on the highest of ethical business practices
Genealogical Services that I offer include:
- Federal Records searches at the National Archives Great Lakes Region including Census, Naturalizations, Bureau of Indian Affairs and any other federal records held at the Great Lakes Region
- Cook County and collar county research including vital records (birth, marriage, death), probates and wills, divorces, lawsuits (civil) and criminal case records
- Property/Deed research at Cook County and other local county recorder's offices
- Revolutionary War through contemporary military history research
- Illinois State Archives research at IRAD facilities
- Obituary and/or other newspaper article research for the Chicago/Ilinois Area
- Cemetery research to include location, photographs and plot card information for Chicago, Northern Illinois, Northwestern Indiana and Southern Wisconsin
- Heir searching
- Local and International civil and church records through LDS family history centers
- Compilation and/or organization of family information up to and including custom family tree charts and/or family history albums/books as needed
- Historical research at all of the Chicagoland historical and genealogical research repositories
- Instruction in the skills and tools necessary to become your own family history researcher for all of you other "History Cops"
- Irish and Italian Dual Citizenship applications
- Lineage Society Applications including Sons of The American Revolution (SAR) and Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR)
My fee schedule is as follows:
- My current research rate is $35.00 per hour
- I do not charge for travel time unless it is over 50 miles
- I will charge back costs for copies, government certificates (i.e. birth, death, marriage), train tickets or parking fees at cost (I never add markup).
- I will always give you a free quote for research services and require your approval before I would undertake any research.
- I will always provide a very clear research findings report and provide citations
- If the project is on the larger size, I prefer to bill in smaller increments (10 hour blocks) so that you are always aware of your budget and the project's progress.
Requesting a research project:
If you have a project that you would like me to undertake for you, you may contact me any number of different ways.
1. By telephone at: (708) 299-2016
3. By filling out the contact form below
I will contact you directly via your preferred method and happily discuss your project with you, provide you with a research plan and wait for your approval before undertaking any research project. I normally do not require a retainer or deposit unless there is a large initial out of pocket expense.